Fletcher Farm School presents
Heart of Italy with Cinque Terre
July 27 - August 3, 2018
$3,414* per person includes airfare, all hotels, and all tours
8-Day Tour of Rome, Siena, Florence and the Cinque Terre
Small group tour, with a maximum of 16 participants.
* Pricing is based on a minimum of 10 passengers. This tour is a small group tour, however this tour is NOT exclusive to just Fletcher Farm School registrations. For best pricing, a deposit of $1800 per person is due by January 12, 2018. We will try to accommodate registrations after that date, but prices will not be guaranteed.
- Arrival transfer in Rome & return transfer to Milan Airport
- Six nights accommodations (city taxes not included and paid locally)
- Daily Breakfast (except morning of arrival)
- Tour Escort service to day 07, with welcome briefing
- Welcome dinner
- Evening escorted walk and dinner at a traditional Roman restaurant and Tuscan sunset walk with a traditional Tuscan dinner in Florence
- Guided Visits include: Heart of Rome, Vatican Museum &Sistine Chapel with skip the line reservation, Florence Fresh Markets, Heart of Florence, including Accademia & Michelangelo’s David with skip the line reservation
- Transfer from Rome to Florence by private coach with en route stop in Siena and Monteriggioni
- Wine tasting in Siena + Lunch
- Driver guided tour to Cinque Terre from Florence. Drop off in Genoa
- Boat to explore Cinque Terre
- Portfolio of travel documents
- Tour includes 10 Meals - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, plus a wine tasting. Enjoy meals at local restaurants
- Rome: Dei Mellini/Savoy/Londra & Cargill 2 Nights
- Florence: Cavour/Palazzo Castri/Villa Olmi 3 Nights
- Genoa: Bristol, Continental 1 Night
- Day 01, Thursday - U.S. to Rome: Overnight flight to Rome, Italy from JFK via American Airlines. Flight departs at 5:20pm and arrives in Rome at 7:35 am the following day.
- Day 02, Friday - Arrival Rome: Welcome to Italy! After collecting your baggage, transfer to your hotel. Time to relax before meeting our Tour Leader and fellow traveling companions at the bar of the hotel. From here we walk to a local restaurant and enjoy a tasty welcome dinner. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 03, Saturday - Heart of Rome & Vatican: Meet our tour leader in the lobby and walk to Piazza Navona, where we will explore the heart of Rome. Today includes the Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Baroque quarter. Free time for lunch. Then transfer to the Vatican for a guided visit. Tonight, experience real Roman food! Meet our tour leader and enjoy a relaxed walk along the narrow streets of ancient Rome. End the tour at a local restaurant for a tasty Roman Dinner. Return to hotel with our tour leader. Overnight in Rome.
- Day 04, Sunday - Siena-Florence: Meet our tour leader and transfer to Florence by private coach. The drive itself is magnificent path along the roads of Tuscany, where we enjoy the view of hills covered by vineyards, olive trees, small villages and original bell towers. En route stop in Siena, probably Italy’s loveliest medieval city. Upon arrival, enjoy a “farmers lunch” with original Tuscan foods; cheese and salami, with a wine tasting included. After lunch, free time to explore the city. Continue on, with a stop at a vineyard in Chianti for a wine tasting, before reaching Florence in the late afternoon. Dine independently tonight. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 05, Monday - Free day of leisure in Florence: Today enjoy your day in Florence at your leisure. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 06, Tuesday - Florence: Lorenzo de Medici transformed Florence into the cradle of the Renaissance by attracting the best artists, architects and writers of the time such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Botticelli to whom he commissioned various works. We start exploring Florence from the unknown and most picturesque sides of the city. With our guide, we explore the heart of the town. Visit the fresh market of San Lorenzo, with food arriving fresh every day from Tuscan Countryside. A great opportunity to taste many varieties of cheese, fruits, vegetables and breads, with free time to enjoy lunch independently. Visit Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio (from outside), the Dome with Giotto’s bell tower (from outside), Ponte Vecchio. Finally, visit the Accademia and see the masterpiece of Michelangelo; the statue of David. Tonight, we enjoy a Tuscan dinner with a sunset walk. This time of the day is spectacular and provides great photo opportunities. Overnight in Florence.
- Day 07, Wednesday - Florence to Cinque Terre: Begin your private post-tour excursion to Cinque Terre! After breakfast, meet your driver guide and continue to Cinque Terre. Upon arrival, start the exploration of the villages by boat. Cinque Terre is the name of a district that encompasses five glorious towns, where small houses are surrounded by lush nature. Visitors are fascinated by the beauty of these five small villages; Manarola, Riomaggiore, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso al Mare. The inhabitants of Cinque Terre benefit not only from its pristine waters, but from its natural environment, where wild nature is interspersed with vineyards, olive groves, and citrus orchards. At the end, continue to Genoa for overnight.
- Day 08, Thursday – Genoa to the U.S.: After breakfast, transfer to Milan airport (2+ hours) for your return flight home to JFK via American Airlines. Flight departs Milan at 10:25am and arrives at JFK at 1:40pm.